Sound Forge 11
Scripts version 11.0.7
Posted on: October 16, 2016
Sound Forge 11 Scripts
These are scripts for the Sony Sound Forge audio editing program, Sound Forge 11, available at
Posted below is JAWS scripts version 11.0.7, including the following action items:
- The little beep that sounds when you start recording in sf10 should now also be operational in SF11. You will hear a short beep one or two seconds after recording begins. At any time, while recording is under way, you can hold down the control key, and should hear a beep about once per second, coming out of the same speakers through which JAWS speaks.
- The tab key in the data window, now works more quickly, and will properly handle multi-channel files. This key chooses which channel is selected in a multi-channel file. For a stereo file, the tab key will now cycle through the following, 1, 2, all, rather than left, right, both.
- New hot key for use in the data windows, control+shift+A returns to all channels selected, which is the normal operating condition, for use when you have tabbed to one channel, and want to quickly tab back back to all channels selected.
- You can use Sound Forge as a simplified multi-track recorder. Check out the article here
Since sound forge 11 seems to be a bit heavier on CPU usage with large projects, it is important to reduce the overhead imposed by video processing that you don't need.
Follow these tips manually. You only need to do this once:
- Options menu, Time Display submenu, Passive updates, must be checked.
- Options menu, video submenu, Passive Updates, must also be checked
There are two major pieces to these scripts. One is the collection of files that actually comprise the scripts themselves. The second, is the authorization file which licenses the scripts for use on your system.
If you have an authorization for a previous version of Sound Forge scripts, sound forge 6 or later, That authorization will also enable you to use these scripts.
If you do not presently have an authorization, you can download a temporary here.
Download Temporary Authorization File Here
Place it in the Explore My Settings area as well.
To obtain a permanent authorization, Send $30.00 via PayPal . Include your jaws serial number. Send to:
To install the actual scripts, download the following installer and save it to a place where you can find it. Locate and run the file, which will place the actual scripts into your jaws installation.
Download Scripts Version 11.0.7
Once all files are installed, focus in sound forge 11, and press insert+q. Jaws should say: "Scripts version 11.0.7, for Sound Forge 11".
If it says that Default Settings are loaded, then the files have not been copied, and the installation was not complete. IF that happens, contact the Snowman.
Once installed and reporting the correct version, you can Use insert+h to learn about the various hot keys.
Check out the Articles section below to learn about the various editing modes.
These articles discuss various aspects of operating Sound Forge.
Comparison with Sound forge 10
Skimming Audio and Selection methods