Sound Forge 12
Scripts version 5
Posted on: September 3, 2019
Sound Forge 12 Scripts
This page contains JAWS scripts for Magix Sound Forge pro, version 12.
The installer below will install JAWS Scripts for Sound Forge 12, and works with 32 bit, as well as 64-bit systems.
If you already own an authorization for previous Sound Forge scripts from The Snowman, then you are already licensed to use these scripts, and your current authorization file will suffice.
If you are a new user, you can purchase a license by sending $30.00, including your JAWS serial number to the following PayPal address:
We will process your order when the payPal notification comes through. Remember to include your JAWS serial number, and your e-mail address, cince PayPal does not pass that information along.
If you have questions, or want to confirm we know about your order, contact
If you have not already subscribed, and have not yet purchased an authorization, you can download a demo authorization below. The demo is fully functional, but requires a jaws restart every ten minutes in order to continue using the scripts.
Do not download this if you have already purchased an authorization.
Place this file in the user-specific settings area of jaws.
Download Temporary Authorization File Here
To obtain The actual scripts for Sound Forge 12 pro, click here:
Save and run this installer:
Sound Forge 12 Jaws Scripts, version 5
In windows 7, Sound Forge 12 should work well in it's default configuration.
However, with declining jaws performance in windows 10, the folloinw adjustments are recommended.
- Options menu, Time Display submenu, Passive updates, must be checked.
- Options menu, video submenu, Passive Updates, must also be checked
- Options menu, Data Window, uncheck all items except status. You can only uncheck one item at a time, and thus have to open that dialog once for each item.
- Once the data window options are set, be sure to set that configuration as the default, so it will apply to new sound windows. You can do that in the dialog itself.
We originally had some problems with the channel meters not being visible as text. Magix has added a new channel meter, which is called Channel Meter V2. But, the old channel meter is the text version, and is intended to be the default.
If you can not see the level meters, as read by the f11 and f12 keys, go to the options menu, channel meters, and make sure the v2 version is not checked, but the other one is checked. Then, go to the view menu, and make sure channel meters are enabled.
The followin items in file forge130.ini
- Windows10=0 - set this to 1 if you wish to use jaws 16 or earlier in windows 10.
- RecordStatus - The beeper that indicates recording is in progress seems to cause performance problems in windows 10. AS of version 4, this is set to 0 by default. Set it to 1 if you want to hear the little beep when recording starts.
Once all files are installed, focus in sound forge 12, and press insert+q. Jaws should say: "Scripts version 12.0.4, for Sound Forge 12".
If it says that Default Settings are loaded, then the files have not been copied, and the installation was not complete. IF that happens, contact the Snowman.
Once installed and reporting the correct version, you can Use insert+h to learn about the various hot keys.
Check out the Articles section below to learn about the various editing modes.
These articles were written for SF11, but are presently believe to apply equally to SF12, and discuss various aspects of operating Sound Forge.
Skimming Audio and Selection methods